Friday, September 26, 2014

Products That Support Healthy Habits

Habits that support our health and well being can be really beneficial for the results they produce. A good night’s sleep can give us an energized body; a routine hug exchanged between friends builds connection, trust and relaxation. And of course, most of us here in the US take a daily shower or bath, which despite drying the skin and likely draining a lot of our clean water supply unnecessarily (wink wink), leaves us feeling fresh and clean.

I like to include as many wonderful details into my daily rituals as I can. By this I mean linking positive associations to my experience like gratitude, wonder and curiosity.  Products designed to enhance daily experience can also have a huge impact on our overall health and happiness.

Although I love my iPhone and recall with fondness our first few weeks together (never would’ve thought technology could bring me so much joy!) I’m particularly fond of products that delight the senses. One of my favorite products that serves this purpose in my home is the vetiver bath mat sold by Gaiam. According to Mountain Rose Herbs, Vetiver root has been utilized for its fragrance for many years. It has been used to scent fabric, and woven into baskets, mats, and window coverings. It’s aroma is sweet, heavy, earthy and woody.

It’s simply a joy set my clean feet on this bath mat post shower, which is typically post exercise for me too, so there are plenty of endorphins and norepinephrine present in my experience as well. I love it so much that I would sell it at Maggie SPA if I could but for now, you can click here to purchase directly through Gaiam.




No comments:

Post a Comment